The subject of Wittenham Clumps, 1912 (above) is actually Brightwell Barrow, a separate hill standing a few hundred yards to the south-east of the Clumps.
The trees were originally known as Toovey's Folly after the landowner William Toovey who planted them on the hill in 1840 when he built a nearby farm.
The view Nash painted is remarkably similar today and can be seen from the edge of Castle Hill. A public footbath crosses Brightwell Barrow close to this clump of trees. However the trees themselves are on private farmland and are not accessible.
Nash's view in Wittenham 1935 was from the base of Castle Hill. The spot can be found on the right, soon after entering the gate from the Wittenham Clumps car park.
The trees on Boars Hill have grown and Nash's view for all the works made here has disappeared. However a view that gives a good idea of the Clumps' distance from Boars Hill - and how far Nash's field glasses had to reach - is from the top of a footpath that leads from the village of Sunningwell towards Boars Hill. From the car park opposite St Leonard's Church in Sunningwell, climb the grass-covered hill and stop by the gate at the end of Lincombe Lane. From here the Wittenham Clumps can be seen in the distance, screened by pylons and sharing the horizon with the chimneys of Didcot Power Station. For a clear view of the Clumps it is probably best to follow Nash and take binoculars!